Update: Monday, June 27, 2011

The 3 regular ducks show up right in the middle of the bed; we were out all evening and came home to this

Wow, how the month of June has flown. I truly do not know what happens to “time”; as soon as a month starts, I turn around and it’s the end of the month already. Does this happen to anyone else? I have a feeling of acceleration, that as we age, time just speeds up, and every day is a second or more shorter. This should be good news to Bob — summer will be over before you know it! (Bob is not a fan of summer, to say the least).

There is much to report. That is another thing — I have run out of time to work on it. I am behind by about 5 posts — 3 of them are events that happened specifically to Bob at the end of May/early June, and I still need his permission to post. One happened after those last 3 flower sprigs appeared, the yellow ones that I did write up. There were then another 3 of a different flower, and although I have the pictures, I haven’t had time to write it all up. And then lastly, we came home Saturday night (6/25) to a change in the bedroom — and this was a ‘first’: the ducks were ON THE BED! I do have a picture to add, which is to the left here, and even though things are out of order, I’ll just take some liberties, and do it now.

The first vegetable from the garden, planted 5/13: a Pea pod

And there is one other thing I would like to add, before I work on updating some of these other posts. This weekend, we actually produced our first vegetable from the garden. This was an exciting moment and we discovered it almost by accident. Considering I am weeding in the vegetable garden daily, you would think I would have noticed this. Saturday, Bob added some twine attached to sticks at each end of the garden to give the peas some support. I went in and wound the pea plants up through the twine so they’d have something to grab onto. The plants themselves are at least about 12-15″ tall, and they are starting to flop over. In this process, I discovered that we actually had pea-pods growing! Okay, maybe this sounds hokey, but it was our first produce from the garden and we were both really excited. I immediately picked it, split it in half and before you could say ‘pea-pod’, we ate it. Then, we found more, but have to let them mature a bit, for a few days.

The cover of the Paper Doll book: Woodlands Indian Girl

And then one last thing. I finally found some new paper dolls. I ordered some cheap ‘Dover publications’ Indian doll books. My plan is to replace the dolls we’ve been using, as it seems that she has more or less abandoned them (and Bob’s character is still missing since January). Every once in awhile, there is a change with my character here in the office, but it’s been pretty rare. So this is something I hope to launch this weekend. The plan is that there will be a Lenape version of each of us, and the current-day version of us, perhaps on the reverse. If I have time, I’ll give her other ‘diorama’ objects to work with. It is always interesting to see how these things get used. I’ll be working the rest of this week on getting the blog current.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: